My instructions were to set a timer to 10 minutes – flick through some magazines, ripping things that jumped out – no thinking, no neat cutting – just ripping for ten.
My range of magazines wasn’t ideal. I had a Grazia, some homey magazines, Madison, a menopausal magazine I accidentally picked up from the newsagent (don’t ask) , a Marie Claire and some foodie ones.
Before I started the project I did set a rule for myself.
I wanted to stick qualities and feelings that I wanted to acquire / attract or places I wanted to travel to - as opposed to acquiring a particular cute dress, pair of shoes or the waist of a thrippence sized model.
So with ten minutes and limited magazines, my results were mainly in the form of catchy headlines and words that spoke to me.
Unfortunately I am having difficulty providing a photo!!
But I can tell you what the headlines were:
- Big Ideas
- Women Helping Women
- Our Little Ideas Made Us Big Money
- Learn to Do Less
- Take Control of Your Finances
- I Love What I Do So Much It Doesn’t Feel Like Work
- Bake (this one is odd, and I might blame nesting)
- Rejuvenate in Daylesford (this was the only one with a pic)
- It’s Who You Are Now
- Get The Sleep of Your Dreams
- Save $
What did I learn from the exercise?
I clarified a few things that had been floating around in my subconscious forever but I hadn’t paid attention to – in my life I really feel the need to:
- Make a living out of my ideas – perhaps my own business
- This business I’d like to be doing something with women that helps women
- I am most fulfilled when following my own creativity
- I long to be healthier, and help my family be healthier
- I want to be less charmed by ‘stuff’ and more guided by my “heart” – this breakthrough was an extension of my mission statement of last week.
Being a speed vision board there is a lot I didn’t capture in my vision – but the above revelations are interesting. I think I might take my time and see what else I can find to complete the picture.
I also made a spiritual discovery that I’d like to go to Daylesford for some revitalising and unwinding and I need to to do this before I give birth. UNIVERSE! Are you listening?!
*** Sharni Montgomery lives in Country NSW with a Cowboy, her son and a bun in the oven. She loves to write. Her blogSharnanigans was selected to be archived by the National Library of Australia. Her writing has been featured in the Sydney Morning Herald, The Wentworth Courier, Mamamia, Practical Parenting Magazine and Style Magazine. She is currently working on her first book .She yearns for the day when she can make writing her full-time job. Until then she will continue to do what she loves while practicing the patience and belief that the Universe will eventually fork out. ***